[kwlug-disc] Drupal Noob question

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Fri Mar 12 09:55:42 EST 2010

Normally, you don't install ANYTHING in /modules or /themes.

Everything you download and install should go into sites/all/modules or
sites/all/themes.

This way, upgrading Drupal is easier and its directories are not
contaminated by other stuff.

What you need to do in this case is create a new directory
sites/all/libraries and under it extract the FCKEditor (not the module).
Then extract the wysiwyg module under sites/all/modules, and all should be
set.

On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 9:22 PM, John Kerr <jkerr0102 at rogers.com> wrote:

> Hello
> I am running 6.15
> I have tried to install a wysiwig text editor
> here is the error report that I get in the WYSIG
>

>    - warning: fopen(sites/all/libraries/fckeditor/fckeditor.js) [
>    function.fopen <http://localhost/drupal6/function.fopen>]: failed to
>    open stream: No such file or directory in
>    /var/www/drupal6/modules/wysiwyg/editors/fckeditor.inc on line 55.
>    - warning: fgets(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in
>    /var/www/drupal6/modules/wysiwyg/editors/fckeditor.inc on line 57.
>    - warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource
>    in /var/www/drupal6/modules/wysiwyg/editors/fckeditor.inc on line 64.
>
> In the FCKeditor it says:
>
> The version of *FCKeditor* could not be detected.
>
> Extract the archive and copy its contents into a new folder in the
> following location:
> sites/all/libraries/fckeditor
>
> So the actual library can be found at:
> sites/all/libraries/fckeditor/fckeditor.js
>
> any ideas? spun my wheels editing fckeditor.js
>
> Thanks
>
> John

> We act as though comfort and luxury
> were the chief requirements of life,