[kwlug-disc] are you going to be a criminal?

Ralph Janke txwikinger at ubuntu.com
Fri Jun 4 23:03:18 EDT 2010

On June 4, 2010 08:54:10 pm Chris Frey wrote:

> I'm glad I'm not a lawyer.
>
> - Chris

Well.. I think so far nobody understands the consequences.
All of this must still be tested in front of judges, probably
up to the Supreme Court in order to see how it is seen
in the context of other laws, treaties etc.

Unfortunately, this will create uncertainty for a long time
to come.

Also, the bill gives quite a wide authority into the "Governor
of the Council"? (if I remember right my first browsing through).

There are lots of additional regulations that can be made just
from the hip. Therefore it means anti-trust law or other law
might have additional fluctuations through rulings made
through this forum, hence again influencing courts, or maybe
be overruled by courts.