[kwlug-disc] are you going to be a criminal?

unsolicited unsolicited at swiz.ca
Fri Jun 4 20:37:44 EDT 2010

John Van Ostrand wrote, On 06/04/2010 8:26 PM:
> [...]

To your point, the abortion debate is a non-starter, in Canada.

Curiously, that was true in the U.S., but may be coming back. Roe v. Wade.

Also curiously, the principle of universality has been shattered for
OAS, etc., for prisoners. I expect that will go to the supreme court,
and be lost. Tax it back, sure, but don't mess with universality. Once
you start ...

I do wonder what's about to come at us all, now that they've created
'life' in the laboratory.

So ... to the point of other posters ... we keep fighting this good
fight on copyright until the industry gives up. Which is to say,
they've gone bankrupt and are no longer around to put up a fuss.

In the meantime, they're lobbying and trying to establish and protect
their revenue stream. Can't really blame them.