[kwlug-disc] are you going to be a criminal?

John Van Ostrand john at netdirect.ca
Fri Jun 4 20:26:20 EDT 2010

----- Original Message -----
> If this bill keeps coming back, and the digital lock issue is still
> present, and it will keep coming back until industry gets its way ...
> you must change industry such that they stop putting so much pressure
> on politicians, so politicians can vote down the current proposal.

Everytime it gets shot down is one more reason not to try and re-introduce it. Imagine the person trying to sneak it in after unsuccessfully doing so for a dozen tries. It would be laughable.

I don't know how much industry lobby is here. I think the lobby had it's impact with the US and the crafting of the WIPO treaty. I imagine the lobby with Canada is resistable. At least I hope everyone on this list will tell their MP that.

--
John Van Ostrand
CTO, co-CEO

Linux Solutions / IBM Hardware