[kwlug-disc] are you going to be a criminal?

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Fri Jun 4 19:22:22 EDT 2010

On Fri, Jun 04, 2010 at 07:40:37PM -0400, unsolicited wrote:

> If this bill keeps coming back, and the digital lock issue is still
> present, and it will keep coming back until industry gets its way ...
> you must change industry such that they stop putting so much pressure on
> politicians, so politicians can vote down the current proposal.
>
> Some industry acceptable compromise must be reached or this issue will
> never go away.

In fact, under this bill the issue will never go away. If we all gang
up and miraculously get the digital lock stuff changed, then it will
be back in five years when copyright law is re-examined (as is
proposed under the bill, from what I understand).

This is a double-edged guillotine, of course. If the digital lock
stuff goes through it could conceivably be kicked out again. But I'm
not holding my breath.

- Paul

--
http://pnijjar.freeshell.org