[kwlug-disc] FW: Lug meeting

Joe Wennechuk youcanreachmehere at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 2 18:57:12 EDT 2010

I think that Netflash, and more likely Megawire would both have some in stock. I don't know who you would approach to buy one. Maybe Steve McGraff at megawire  who is a salesman. They don't have a retail business but if a price favorable to both parties could be reached.;-) They would probably want to know you are not going to interfere with their signals i.e. it would have to be for home use. Now the antenna is another matter also, I'm not sure you would want a 30 dbi dome, or 27 dbi grid hanging around the house, and that's all they would have. The routerboard/radio combo doesn't stock with antenna, and then there is the LMR cable to the antenna which loses 1/4 dbi per foot and requires special tools to fit the end. Another consideration is the fact that when using these things the radio output at the start of the lmr might be 27 dbm, and the antenna like 19 dbi, which will most likely push you over the one watt legal limit. If anyone ever checks that? you'd probably want an omni antenna, but those always seemed to get hit by lightning more frequently than the sector type. So WISPS probably wont have them around so much. I know megawire wont.

Joseph Wennechuk