[kwlug-disc] Outdoor music & FM

Colin Mackay zixiekat at gmail.com
Wed Jun 2 15:53:56 EDT 2010

So I may be getting a house with a screened in porch, so my first
thought, of course, is how can I get some entertainment out there?
After padding around the net a little while I've decided that an
outdoor TV is too expensive, so what about audio?

I can handle an amp and outdoor speaker install, no worries there.
What I'd like is a device that can play MP3's (or OGG's) and also tune
FM with a wireless remote, so I can sit outside and flip songs, or
scan the FM band, presets, etc.

I've found some network MP3 players, but none sport FM tuning and few
support volume.  Anyone on the list have an idea?

I use MythTV, but I can easily share the files via SMB, or NFS.