[kwlug-disc] Introduction to Linux programming - Request

unsolicited unsolicited at swiz.ca
Thu Jul 29 22:28:31 EDT 2010

Myself, I'm interested in the development environment itself,
especially the IDEs.

I can look up and sink into a language. It's a much more vaporous
question to figure out how to start. e.g. Repository, editor,
building, publishing - there's a lot of unintuitive pieces in there.
Let alone which comes first.

Once I have that I can easily pick a language, then follow a web
tutorial for hello world, and then work from there.

But not until I have the necessary infrastructure surrounding that in
place.