[kwlug-disc] Introduction to Linux programming - Request

Raul Suarez rarsa at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 29 23:34:00 EDT 2010

--- On Thu, 7/29/10, Johnny Ferguson <hyperflexed at gmail.com> wrote:
> How far will this presentation dig?

As the description says, pretty much a walk through the Linux development ecosystem with high level comparisons and links so people know how to start programming in Linux.

Note that the purpose of the presentation is to answer "I want to program in Linux, Where do I start?"

> I'll probably come just
> for the  company, but I've read far too many hello world guides :P

I'm trying to avoid Hello worlds but I cannot promise anything :)

What I can tell you is that this is not a "learn to program" presentation.

> I'm wondering if you'll be focusing on syntax,

Syntax is not Linux dependent so, No; except when comparing languages.

> or perhaps be offering  general advice on how you can get from simple
> programs to larger  projects,

I try to avoid the word "advice" but, yes,

> and perhaps how to get into Open-Source development.

I have it on the agenda, if time permits.

Does this answer the question?