[kwlug-disc] Linus viruses

Insurance Squared Inc. gcooke at insurancesquared.com
Tue Jul 27 19:10:35 EDT 2010

On another thread on this list, someone wrote:
Time and time again we are seeing that even with the protections in
place, JavaScript ends up doing more harm than good. Many of the
problems would simple not exist if JavaScript were not there.

I call foul :).  I'm on the interwebs pushing the 'any' key all day long
on my linux desktop and I have 0 security issues with Java - Or anything
else for that matter.  So I pose the following questions:

1) have you ever had your linux desktop hacked?  Or any type of security
breach?
2) if not, do you even know anyone that's ever had their linux desktop
hacked?

Realizing that webservers are an entirely different story.

I'll start.  No and no. I've never had my my linux desktop attacked that
I could tell.  And I don't even know anybody that has.