[kwlug-disc] Jailbreaking Iphone Legal in the U.S.

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Sat Jul 31 00:58:01 EDT 2010

On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 03:38:50PM -0400, Khalid Baheyeldin wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 3:16 PM, Joe Wennechuk <
> youcanreachmehere at hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> >  I saw on the news this morning somthing about it being legal now in the
> > U.S. to jailbreak phones; due to a recent court decision. Does this mean
> > anything to us or C-32?
> >

> Saw this the other day. It may get revised.
>
> http://www.cbc.ca/technology/story/2010/07/26/copyright-ruling-regulators.html

"Tony Clement, Canada's minister of industry, said on Twitter that his
department is reviewing the ruling to see what the implications may be
for Bill C-32, the copyright reform legislation he and Heritage
Minister James Moore unveiled in June."

This is worth remembering the next time the government trumpets C-32
as a "Made in Canada" solution.

- Paul

--
http://pnijjar.freeshell.org