[kwlug-disc] OT: Arduino shields

Richard Weait richard at weait.com
Sun Jul 25 18:32:21 EDT 2010

On Fri, Jul 23, 2010 at 9:55 PM, John Johnson <jvj at golden.net> wrote:
> Today 2010-07-23, Johnny Ferguson  wrote:
>>
>> I think I'm going to have to work on an IDE shield for my Arduino. Would
>> save me from having to completely dismantle experiments each time I move on
>> to the next one. Just put the projects on protoboard with an IDE header,
>> plug and play.
>
> A few months ago I showed some people at KWARTZLAB a wire-wrap technique for
> constructing a "shield" using a protoboard.
>
> The wirewrap technique - as well as other construction techniques - is
> described in a very good paper available on Peter Hiscocks' website:
> http://www.syscompdesign.com
>
> On Fri, 16 Jul 2010 Richard Weait, in response to a Q on oscilloscopes,
> described Peter Hiscocks as a "friend of the LUG".
>
> Thanks, Richard for the link to Peter's website. I was one of Peter's
> students at RyeHigh back in the day.

Here's another one for you then, John.  Arduino prototype boards (and
related products) from a very dear friend of mine.

http://www.solarbotics.com/freeduino_arduino/

I can't describe him as a friend of the LUG because he hasn't attended
yet.  I know you folks would be crazy about him though.  And the
hackerspace community would go nuts for Dave and his company,
Solarbotics.

Have fun running up your credit card.  ;-)