[kwlug-disc] Access Restrictions on Tomato

unsolicited unsolicited at swiz.ca
Sun Jul 25 03:29:55 EDT 2010

Paul Nijjar wrote, On 07/25/2010 1:27 AM:
> I am trying to set up a WRT54GL router using the Tomato firmware. My
> goal is to set up "access restrictions" that will turn off the
> wireless at certain times.
.
.
.

Shell script an NTP call? (A repeated call should do no harm?) Perhaps
tied in with any other cron jobs you  might already be running - like
log rotation?

Since the router comes up without the time set (so time is usually <
1981?), init script an ntp call, sleep, check for time > 2010-01-01, loop?

i.e. Solving the time problem solves the other?