[kwlug-disc] OT: Roger's phone services

Johnny Ferguson hyperflexed at gmail.com
Thu Jul 15 19:31:33 EDT 2010

I think most of those questions would be better off addressed to Rogers.
I can't imagine 911 access being a problem. IANAL, but I'm sure there
must be some laws on 911 access. Most phones are powered through the
phone lines themselves (hence you don't have to plug them in to mains
power).

As far as Rogers being trustworthy, I pretty much think they're satan.
If you're under any contract with them, read it VERY carefully. I'm not
sure how they are with home phones, but their mobile service is
cutthroat, and their cable internet only marginally better (they claim
to let you see your bandwidth usage at any time, then the site that lets
you do so goes down for days).

but as for your concerns on VOIP and 911 service, I'd ask them, and if
you don't get a satisfactory answer, ask to speak to someone on the
technical side of things. Sales Staff are like drones, and they'll just
tell you whatever you want to hear.

-Johnny