[kwlug-disc] if {other command done} then...

Raul Suarez rarsa at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 8 11:29:53 EDT 2010

At work we use a batch control application but sometimes, when we need to go across platforms (or business partners) we rely on trigger files.

We would have a watcher job that triggers the next steps as soon as the file is received.

It is a fairly simple and fail proof method. Under Linux you can use inotify

http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/8478

Raul Suarez

Technology consultant
Software, Hardware and Practices