[kwlug-disc] ubiquiti rs pro

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Sun Jan 17 21:45:09 EST 2010

I agree with you. I want something that has it all hardware wise. I can
flash new
Kamikaze (or whatever), but don't want to buy bits and pieces for 3X the

For me the point is to acquire current hardware (802.11n, usb, sd, gigabit)
> and get on with my day

Yes, definitely 11N and USB. SD is nice too. For Gigabit, I can live without
it, because I have a separate Gigabit switch, and the uplink to Rogers will
not go over 100 Mbps anytime soon.

> Software catching up I can live with, not hardware. I'm happy to reset, as
> you suggest, but not on the hardware.

Same here. I'd rather not fiddle with hardware. Software I can happily
manage it, as long as it does not need continued attention.