[kwlug-disc] ubiquiti rs pro

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Sun Jan 17 21:45:09 EST 2010

I agree with you. I want something that has it all hardware wise. I can
flash new
Kamikaze (or whatever), but don't want to buy bits and pieces for 3X the
price.

For me the point is to acquire current hardware (802.11n, usb, sd, gigabit)
> and get on with my day

Yes, definitely 11N and USB. SD is nice too. For Gigabit, I can live without
it, because I have a separate Gigabit switch, and the uplink to Rogers will
not go over 100 Mbps anytime soon.

> Software catching up I can live with, not hardware. I'm happy to reset, as
> you suggest, but not on the hardware.

Same here. I'd rather not fiddle with hardware. Software I can happily
manage it, as long as it does not need continued attention.
--
Khalid M. Baheyeldin
2bits.com, Inc.