[kwlug-disc] OpenWRT / 802.11n / USB / SD / GB - MAC filtering wi-fi side specific?

unsolicited unsolicited at swiz.ca
Fri Jan 15 15:44:17 EST 2010

Agreed. I'm in.

I believe the Ubiquity RouterStation Pro
(http://www.ubnt.com/products/rspro.php) is the box, given its
flexibility, but it's not local. So what. I'm guessing Cedric bought
http://www.ubnt.com/airview/, given his presentation, so he already
understands the lines of supply to Ubiquity.

It's their product line that confuses me, and that this is a bare
board with multiple mini-pci slots. But I expect sufficient expertise
is around to grok this. And put a cover on it.

It wouldn't surprise me if we could sell this (via Cedric / John?). As
you say Bob, it's a matter of local expertise, and having the product
in hand. Any SMB/SOHO could use one, we could all use one. Especially
if it relayed current wi-fi. i.e. Facilities could use it to provide
wi-fi internet access to the public while keeping their own internal
networks secure - with one (black) box.

Why? Because it's nails the current need to the floor for a good long
while - fire and forget. We're all tired of waiting for the latest
hardware to solve this problem and be done with it. It's taken way,
way, to much eye space and time.

Anyone else interested?