[kwlug-disc] good live CD to test laptops in store

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Wed Jan 6 18:16:53 EST 2010

I have not tried USBs. Easier to burn the CD ISO as it was downloaded I
guess.

I have tried bootable CDs at Futureshop, Staples and Best Buy. At Staples,
they lock the laptops in a "cradle/cage", which blocks the CD. I would ask
that I need to boot a CD, and they always obliged. Even when not doing this,
no one objected. Some would look curiously and then I tell them this is
Linux. I sometimes give them the CD itself too.

Khalid M. Baheyeldin
2bits.com, Inc.
http://2bits.com