[kwlug-disc] I added you as a friend on Quepasa.com

John Johnson jvj at golden.net
Sat Dec 4 12:27:13 EST 2010

At 11:46 2010-12-04, Oksana Goertzen wrote:

>I think the problem occurred for a number of reasons, I'm using Gmail and it
>linked into my Gmail account and sent a number of emails as though they
>came from me directly.

A similar thing happened to a coworker a while ago and to a relative
recently. I will call it loop-back malware. The coworker had his
gmail account open one on browser tap/page while browsing elsewhere.
The loop-back malware came in and found his gmail account and mailing
list etc. Then masquerading as the user, the malicious malware mailed
mischievous maybe malignant or malevolent missives to the multitude.

Regards: JohnJ