[kwlug-disc] my new favourite command

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Fri Dec 3 10:41:01 EST 2010

On Thu, Dec 02, 2010 at 05:24:23PM -0500, Paul Nijjar wrote:

> I feel quite hurt that KWLUG has been keeping this package a secret from
> me for all these years. Why don't you tell me these things? I thought
> we had a trusting relationship based on open communication.

That joke doesn't get any funnier by repeating it every time a new
"favourite command" thread comes up. Just sayin'. Also if you want to
know things you should ask.

- KWLUG

PS: "mandos" is cool. This lets you do (nearly) full-disk encryption
on headless servers without requiring you to type in the passphrase
when you boot the machine. Instead, the machine gets its passphrase
from the network. This sounds crazy but it is useful -- it protects
against the threat of data being accessible when the server is stolen
and booted on a foreign network, but allows you to reboot servers
without the hassle of hooking up a monitor and keyboard.

http://wiki.fukt.bsnet.se/wiki/Mandos

--
http://pnijjar.freeshell.org