[kwlug-disc] my new favourite command

John Van Ostrand john at netdirect.ca
Fri Dec 3 10:58:11 EST 2010

----- Original Message -----
> On Thu, Dec 02, 2010 at 05:24:23PM -0500, Paul Nijjar wrote:
> PS: "mandos" is cool. This lets you do (nearly) full-disk encryption
> on headless servers without requiring you to type in the passphrase
> when you boot the machine. Instead, the machine gets its passphrase
> from the network. This sounds crazy but it is useful -- it protects
> against the threat of data being accessible when the server is stolen
> and booted on a foreign network, but allows you to reboot servers
> without the hassle of hooking up a monitor and keyboard.
>
> http://wiki.fukt.bsnet.se/wiki/Mandos

Although not a command line tool, the latest that I'm thinking will change my work life is Rednotebook.

It allows wiki-like note taking where notes are associated to days. I'm a couple of days in so right now it's not much more than a replacement for sticky notes.

--
John Van Ostrand
CTO, co-CEO

Linux Solutions / IBM Hardware