[kwlug-disc] My Ubuntu 10.4 will only start about 1 out of 4 times

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Mon Aug 30 23:00:09 EDT 2010

Hope your message made it out to the list this time. If not, then by
replying, it will go there.

On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 10:53 PM, Darryl O'Neill <ldoneill at golden.net>wrote:

> I will see if the reply works.
>
> The live CD seems to work whenever I try it.
> From what I have seen 64 but does not do flash so you can't do some things
> on the web.  I am sure it is coming.
> 32-bit PAE kernel gets me the full 6GB and I don't have processes the need
> more than 4GB so I am good.
>
> I have booted into memtest and everything has run through.
>
> Once it boots it runs fine.  Problem is it only boots 25% of the time.
>  Then power off and try again. and again.

64-bit works with Flash without issues. I am using that on several machines
with no problems. I did not have to do anything special. I think Firefox
spawns a process called npviewer that encapsulates the 32-bit Flash.

Not that it will solve your problem, but if I had such a machine, I will go
64-bit for sure.
--
Khalid M. Baheyeldin
2bits.com, Inc.