[kwlug-disc] Puppet partial config templates

Ralph Janke txwikinger at ubuntu.com
Mon Aug 23 08:51:20 EDT 2010

Most configurations in /etc have now the possibility to load local files
in addition to the maintainer provided configuration file in order to
prevent the editing of files and the issues when updates are deployed
(i.e. x.conf would load x.local.conf, x.conf should not be touched,
x.local.conf will never be provided or overridden by the package).

The local files can then easily be deployed by the configuration
management system since there is no need to worry about existing
contents of those files.

Ralph (txwikinger)