[kwlug-disc] installing Ubuntu into /dev/sda9 ?

William Park opengeometry at yahoo.ca
Sun Aug 1 22:56:15 EDT 2010

I'm trying to install Ubuntu 10.04 into /dev/sda9 (one of logical
partitions).  Problem is that I can't get Grub to install into
/dev/sda9.  If I install Grub to MBR, then Ubuntu boots fine.  But, I
specify /dev/sda9, then it looks like nothing gets installed there.

I really prefer to install any boot loader into "root" partition, and
each partition should be independent and not know what's on other
partitions.  I can do this with Fedora and OpenSUSE, both uses Grub.
But, not with Ubuntu, Mint, or MEPIS.

--
William