[kwlug-disc] installing Ubuntu into /dev/sda9 ?

Raul Suarez rarsa at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 1 23:07:55 EDT 2010

It may be due to those distribution using Grub 2, where the scripts scan partitions for other installed OSs to show them in the menu.

You may want to review the scripts under /etc/grub.d

Or go back to grub and edit the files manually.

Raul Suarez

Technology consultant
Software, Hardware and Practices
Twitter: rarsamx