[kwlug-disc] peoples' thoughts on apple, adobe and flash?

Raul Suarez rarsa at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 30 23:55:34 EDT 2010

> Raul Suarez wrote:
> > Oops. I think that you'll have to take the kool-aid
> antidote
>
> Heh. I'm actually about as far from an Apple fanboy as you
> can get. I just know good design when I see it.

The kool-aid reference was directed at your choice of language.

I was referring to the following quote on your post "you don't make a seamless and revolutionary user interface by giving people all kinds of choice on how to make your device work."

As far as I understood, in that quote, "make your device work" meant "making Steve Job's device work"

I was just pointing out that it is not his device. You later agreed with me.

Now back to your response:

He can do the revolution and still provide choice. Unless you are talking about the Soviet revolution.

Ownership has nothing to do with design so I don't know why you bring "I know a good design...".

Back to my car example. The designers can select an awesome pearlescent colour. If you want to paint it green with pink polka dots is up to you, you wouldn't hang it against the original designers, would you? And you wouldn't like the original designers to tell you what colour you can paint it after you bought it.

Raul Suarez

Technology consultant
Software, Hardware and Practices
http://rarsa.blogspot.com/