[kwlug-disc] peoples' thoughts on apple, adobe and flash?

unsolicited unsolicited at swiz.ca
Fri Apr 30 23:19:26 EDT 2010

OK, you are right, but ...

Isn't this the Windows vs. Linux debate?

And windows won, at least for the foreseeable future? [Desktops, that
is, the only thing that really matters.]

After all, he (Jobs) does have a profit motive here.

I *like* a consistent user interface. Which is why, for example, I
stuck with MS Word in Windows rather than trying to fathom WordPerfect
for Window's attempt. Let alone Lotus.

Having said that ... KDE works for me.

OTOH (at least with the way I think of it), Gnome lets me put on the
menus only that which I want to put on the menus.

I know I mixing things up here, but there is a thread of applicable
consistency here. Somewhere.