[kwlug-disc] peoples' thoughts on apple, adobe and flash?

unsolicited unsolicited at swiz.ca
Fri Apr 30 23:24:05 EDT 2010

Oh, Andrew, you've fallen into that all too common trap - Apple isn't
selling 'hardware' it's selling a 'solution'! It's not just selling a
device, it's selling the complete environment surrounding it - and
once they have your money, you can never leave!

Bad, bad, Andrew!

I was going to say, this is the way it always has and always will be -
the software is not distinct from the hardware, they are not just
selling devices / hardware.

Then I thought ... well ... isn't Android breaking this model? 'Open
software', closed hardware. Will, and how, will that ripple out?