[kwlug-disc] Couch laptop table/platform?

unsolicited unsolicited at swiz.ca
Wed Apr 28 22:39:23 EDT 2010

Richard Weait wrote, On 04/28/2010 9:45 PM:
> On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 9:39 PM, unsolicited <unsolicited at swiz.ca> wrote:
>> Being the unreformed couch potato that I am, with a small laptop, already
>> with a sore neck from tilting my head down to read it, and now needing
>> reading glasses to see the screen ... anyone know of laptop table thingies
>> and where to get them for couch laptop use?
>>
>> Wheels would be required, and the table must extend over the cushions. Even
>> better, given the laz-y-boy, if things fit over the footrests!
>>
>> I could see an end table with an arm that swings over, or a cart I could
>> push away when I get up. More likely the latter, there's already enough junk
>> on the end table.
>>
>> Decadent, I know, but we live in that kind of society.
>>
>> I'm thinking Staples. Neither stack a shelf nor costco web sites seem to
>> have anything suitable.
>>
>> Suggestions?
>
> One of these is better.
> http://www.verko.co.uk/%2Fuploads%2Fproductshots%2FERLapB_1.jpg

I dunno, where do you put the cushion when you get up?

- no space around me to put it, so floor, where you just know I'm
going to trip on the power cord. I'd sent everything flying!

Note: Flying netbooks, bad. Flying netbooks stopping suddenly against
hard surfaces, really bad. Problem: perpetual motion machine - keep
laptop not landing, not yet invented. Further problem: once flying -
how to recapture? Boomerang shaped?