[kwlug-disc] Couch laptop table/platform?

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Wed Apr 28 22:28:27 EDT 2010

On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 9:45 PM, Richard Weait <richard at weait.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 9:39 PM, unsolicited <unsolicited at swiz.ca> wrote:
> > Being the unreformed couch potato that I am, with a small laptop, already
> > with a sore neck from tilting my head down to read it, and now needing
> > reading glasses to see the screen ... anyone know of laptop table
> thingies
> > and where to get them for couch laptop use?
> >
> > Wheels would be required, and the table must extend over the cushions.
> Even
> > better, given the laz-y-boy, if things fit over the footrests!
> >
> > I could see an end table with an arm that swings over, or a cart I could
> > push away when I get up. More likely the latter, there's already enough
> junk
> > on the end table.
> >
> > Decadent, I know, but we live in that kind of society.
> >
> > I'm thinking Staples. Neither stack a shelf nor costco web sites seem to
> > have anything suitable.
> >
> > Suggestions?
> One of these is better.
> http://www.verko.co.uk/%2Fuploads%2Fproductshots%2FERLapB_1.jpg

I agree with Richard.

I tried getting one of those cart types, like this one:

If I recall correctly, it was from Office Depot or Staples.

But could never get used it.

I went back to something like this one:

Also from either the above 2 stores.

It has foam pellets (whatever you call them) in a pouch on the bottom, and a
vinyl surface over plywood for the laptop.

I use it on a recliner, with a pillow behind my neck to reduce neck muscle

Depends on the particulars of the couch really ...