[kwlug-disc] YAK Internet + Home Phone deal for Kitchener

unsolicited unsolicited at swiz.ca
Sun Apr 25 23:37:49 EDT 2010

All well and good Bob, but the premise that started this thread was
co-located (Yak) DLSAMs in Bell's boxes, going out through Yak's own
fibre.

Or am I completely missing, or misunderstanding something, here?

Side note: As for my (& Khalid's) Roger's Express, up to 10 Mbps (and
above?), that's just a fantasy anyways. The net won't feed you that
fast, heck, the net isn't feeding Rogers that fast for them to send it
on to you. YMMV, average browsing, etc., etc., yada, yada, yada. I
never have, and never expect, to see speeds that fast.

	Mind you ... if full internet HD video streaming ever comes along for
real, that does imply some pretty significant and expensive
infrastructure changes, especially along that last mile.

	Saw a news blurb on TV on that the other day - you'll require a
Playstation or some other box on the home end of that wire. No home
recording of THAT content. <sigh> So what would be the point. Drat them.

And hijacking the thread again ... apparently Rogers business service
has no cap. I expect you must have a business address. Don't know if
traffic filtering is an issue on the business service - Paul? Charles?