[kwlug-disc] Newbie... Playing with Linux etc...

Raul Suarez rarsa at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 16 16:56:29 EDT 2010

Is it that difficult to figure it out?

It is premium support.

- Java consulting;
- MySQL Consulting;
- Solaris as a hook to buy into a holistic Oracle solution that includes HW.
- Selling Solutions, instead of selling software and hardware (Duh!)
- Sub-licensing the support contracts and leverage their investment.

I mean, there are so many ways it surprises me they are deliberating.

When companies require the support, they pretty much say "Hey, take my money, solve my problem".

Raul Suarez

Technology consultant
Software, Hardware and Practices
http://rarsa.blogspot.com/