[kwlug-disc] please, dear god, kill me now

Kyle Spaans 3lucid at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 10:24:34 EDT 2009

Is it true that MS gives away a handful of licenses for Win7 at these
houseparties?
That's the impression I get.

I'm on the mailing list for the Toronto hackerspace, Hacklab.to, where they were
considering hosting one of these launch parties. Soon after someone chimed in
saying they should have an Ubuntu Karmic Koala launch party at the same time
(every workstation that I saw in Hacklab.to was running Ubuntu, at least by
default). The same thing pooped up on the KWartzLab mailing list, so I made sure
we were also going to have an Ubuntu launch party if we were going to get into
the Win7 stuff too.