[kwlug-disc] please, dear god, kill me now

john at netdirect.ca john at netdirect.ca
Tue Sep 29 10:14:35 EDT 2009

kwlug-disc-bounces at kwlug.org wrote on 09/28/2009 05:37:58 PM:
> From: Paul Nijjar <paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca>
> Not only has somebody (whom I am still unconvinced is Microsoft)
> managed to make a video that has gone viral and raised awareness of
> Windows 7 tremendously, but it has managed to drive one of our most
> passionate Linux advocates to the brink.

I think it is a Microsoft sponsored video. It's prominent on the
houseparty.com site (
http://www.houseparty.com/offers/windows7usa/hosthelpvideos) and the video
has be dubbed to several languages.

The production quality was probably specifically chosen for effect.
Microsoft has known for over a decade that a message that appears to be
grassroots is more convincing than an obvious corporate promotion.

John Van Ostrand
Net Direct Inc.
564 Weber St. N. Unit 12
Waterloo, ON N2L 5C6