[kwlug-disc] Asus EEE

Insurance Squared Inc. gcooke at insurancesquared.com
Wed Sep 16 10:43:29 EDT 2009

My Asus EEE 900A just came in (this is the one that Chris posted to the
list a few weeks ago).  And my wife loves it.  The simplified desktop
system she's finding great - said it was like the Mac's she's seen. So
I've finally got another linux convert :).

Two questions for those on the list familiar with this netbook.  First,
is it a good idea to wipe out the distro that came loaded and install
something else (maybe save on some space?).  Secondly,the machine came
with a 4gig solid state drive that's at like 90% capacity out of the
box.  Can you/would you upgrade that?  Or just drop a 16gig SD card into it?

Any other tips for setting one of these things up?

g.