[kwlug-disc] open office question.

R. Brent Clements rbclemen at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 15:28:49 EDT 2009

For your own purposes then what you are proposing seems like a good
candidate for Base.  If the output of these queries is for a larger
project (web based or part of a large distributed software suite),
then you may want to use a more seasoned DB engine.  One thing that
you may not have noticed is that you can design a query in Base, then
click the SQL view and see it written in command format that should be
compatable with other SQL databases with the same table structure.  So
it is an excellent learning tool.

I wish I could be more help.  I used a MySQL user guide to learn the
basics of SQL queries, but have very little practical knowledge in
actually setting up a DB, tho I have been working toward an index of
my DJ music collection using Base, and I have run into some issues.

Brent