[kwlug-disc] KWLUG - The Kitchener Waterloo Linux User Group new content notification: 2009-09-07 23:01

webhost at kwlug.org webhost at kwlug.org
Mon Sep 7 23:01:42 EDT 2009

Greetings mail-forum-merge,

Recent content - 1 new post

1. Streetposts
Published Blog entry by Joe Wennechuk
[ http://kwlug.org/node/675 ]

After much research and investigation, I have started in earnest on my
streetposts project. I think I'm going to use net beans. I started to
make a database today in OpenOfficeBase. I setup the structure of all
of
the tables according to google's specification, and set the primary
keys. I made all of the tables using the names supplied by the google
transit api.
After, I was going field by field and setting up the sizes of the
fields and entering descriptions (What is the maximum length for a
description?), as well as input masks. when I had it all the way I
wanted it for the first table. I clicked on the save table button, and
the majority portion of my recent work was destroyed, or maybe all of
it. So I entered it again, and the same thing happened when I hit save.
This is really frustrating.
What is up with OoBase?   :-(   !

--
This is an automatic e-mail from KWLUG - The Kitchener Waterloo Linux
User Group.