[kwlug-disc] how to manually define my LVM layout with a lenny install?

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Wed Sep 9 14:56:49 EDT 2009

  i'm sure i'm going regret asking this, but i can't figure out how to
manually configure my LVM layout in a new lenny 5.0.3 install.  no
matter what i do, i'm told that my current volume group is in use and
that i have no freedom to change it.

  in fedora, i have complete freedom to wipe the hard drive early in
the installation, and manually set it up partition by partition.
right now, i haven't the foggiest as to how to do the same with lenny.

  thoughts?  does that require expert install?  or what?

rday