[kwlug-disc] linky

Chris Bruner cbruner at quadro.net
Sat Oct 31 01:29:38 EDT 2009

unsolicited wrote:
> Monitor sleep mode doesn't matter, it just has to be connected.
>
> i.e. When you tried was the monitor connected and the laptop set to
> display on both internal and external monitors?
>
> Does the proprietary driver / settings at least show that there are
> two monitors present?
>
> (I would have thought nvidia / dual would be pretty important. i.e.
> Running as a live cd I would have thought both monitors would just
> come up. No?)
It's on a desktop and the monitors showed as present immediately after
installation. I tried setting them to twinview like the gentoo system
has, and after rebooting it no longer saw the second monitor.

As I said before, this isn't important to me, I was just trying it out
to see what was new and reporting on my findings. Don't bother trouble
shooting it anymore
Both monitors didn't come up in the live cd either.