[kwlug-disc] linky

unsolicited unsolicited at swiz.ca
Fri Oct 30 19:37:44 EDT 2009

Chris Bruner wrote, On 10/30/2009 2:37 PM:
> unsolicited wrote:
>>
>> I've had issues with nvidia dual head in that all monitors must be
>> connected at boot time or it turns the 2nd monitor off.
>>
>> Could that be an issue here?
>>
> Possible, I'm not really concerned as I'm not planning on using ubuntu
> for real. The monitor goes into sleep mode if there is no signal and by
> the time ubuntu boots it's gone.

Monitor sleep mode doesn't matter, it just has to be connected.

i.e. When you tried was the monitor connected and the laptop set to
display on both internal and external monitors?

Does the proprietary driver / settings at least show that there are
two monitors present?

(I would have thought nvidia / dual would be pretty important. i.e.
Running as a live cd I would have thought both monitors would just
come up. No?)