[kwlug-disc] Ubuntu 9.10 release party at Kwartzlab

Darcy Casselman dscassel at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 15:29:11 EDT 2009

On Mon, Oct 5, 2009 at 2:24 PM, Paul Nijjar <paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca> wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 05, 2009 at 01:18:50PM -0400, Darcy Casselman wrote:
>
> If you held it a little past the release month I could put it in the
> kwlug-announce monthly reminder, but that is not great incentive.

Thanks, Paul.

It's useful, but I do like keeping the date close to the actual
release.  We're going to try for the 29th, and hope the release
happens on time.  Hopefully we can get the word out through other
means.  I'll keep it in mind for 10.4. :)

I'd like to make a short announcement at the LUG meeting tonight,
which should cover some of the same audience.

> Personally, I would like a release party to somehow make sure
> Canonical doesn't go broke and fold in a few years. But that might be
> asking a lot, even for KWartzlab.

Well, we'll do our best.  :)

> What is your target audience for the event?

Definitely leaning more towards the enthusiast crowd, likely with a
mix of people who are existing Ubuntu/Linux users and folks who are
just curious. Since it's Kwartzlab, I'm expecting a good chunk of
people will be hacker/maker folks who may or may not have tried Ubuntu
but are interested in cool things they can *do* with it in whatever
projects they're working on or thinking about.

Darcy.