[kwlug-disc] Building a new MythTV Frontend

Colin Mackay zixiekat at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 14:47:56 EST 2009

Reviving an old thread...

This is what I am looking at building for a Frontend.
     Motherboard Zotac IONITX-A-U Intel Atom 330 1.6Ghz Dual Core, nVidia
ION GeForce 9400M Graphics w/ DVI + HDMI, DDR2 800Mhz, Wireless 802.11n, 5.1
CH HD Audio (Optical Out), 3x SATA 3.0Gb/s + 1 eSATA, 90W PSU,10x USB 2.0,
Mini-ITX 1 $209.99 $209.99

http://www.canadacomputers.com/index.php?do=ShowProduct&cmd=pd&pid=024768&cid=MBD
CPU Included (Intel Atom Dual 1.6 ghz) 0 $0.00 $0.00

  RAM A-Data DDR2 800 240pin 2GB Module Unbuffered-DIMM Non-ECC Memory (w/
Heatsink) 1 $58.99 $58.99

http://www.canadacomputers.com/index.php?do=ShowProduct&cmd=pd&pid=016875&cid=RAM.346.307
 Compact
Flash Kingston Elite Pro 133x Flash Memory Card - 8GB - CompactFlash
(CF/8GB-S2) 1 $34.99 $34.99

http://www.canadacomputers.com/index.php?do=ShowProduct&cmd=pd&pid=013755&cid=FMD.437
 CF
SATA Adapter Syba SY-SATA2CF Compact Flash to SATA Adapter  1 $16.13 $16.13
 http://www.ncix.com/products/?sku=33465&vpn=SY-SATA2CF&manufacture=Syba
Case Apex DM-387 mATX HTPC Case Glossy Black 1X5.25 1X3.5 1X3.5INT 275W Low
Profile Front USB Audio 1 $59.16 $59.16

http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=42116&vpn=DM-387&manufacture=Apex%20Computer%20Technology
Doing CF to keep things quiet and cool.  Plus, it's something I've never
done before.  Hahah.

Comments/concerns?