[kwlug-disc] Personal/Task/Project Management

Richard Weait richard at weait.com
Fri Mar 6 11:10:48 EST 2009

On Fri, 2009-03-06 at 08:50 -0500, L.D. Paniak wrote:

> Sounds like you guys need Mantis:
>
> http://www.mantisbt.org/
>
> Not exactly a personal manager, unless your life is a sequence of bugs,
> but maybe a good starting framework.
>
> There's even a plugin (MantisWAP) for using PDAs and cellphones.
>
> unsolicited wrote:
> >
> > Which takes us back to a theme we revisit on the list every so often ...
> >
> > So what do people use for personal organization?

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, "Sounds like a
presentation topic..."  [cue Johnny Carson reference, "How cold was it?"
cue laughtrack]

Or perhaps a KWLUG SIG or working group as a small project?  We get a
few folks interested in PIM / team, set goals, consider the applicants,
implement, compare and report back to the team?  Then do a presentation.
Sounds like it would be a great talk for Ontario Linux Fest 2009.

Thoughts?

Best regards,
Richard