[kwlug-disc] Linux-Format Magazine

Raul Suarez rarsa at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 5 15:41:07 EST 2009

--- On Thu, 3/5/09, Chris Irwin <chris at chrisirwin.ca> wrote:
> I don't want to rain on any parades, but isn't the
> concept of the
> magazine essentially depreciated by the Internet?

Maybe eventually but not yet.

I still don't have the habit of taking my laptop to the dentist to ready my news and opinion while on the waiting room.

There are also some other rooms in my house where I feel more comfortable with a printed magazine than with a laptop.

So as of right now and for me, sometimes the internet is more convenient (I read my news there every day) but sometimes the magazines are more convenient (I subscribe to one weekly and two monthly magazines).

I prefer magazines for the opinion pieces but I think that regarding the authoritativeness of the sources, the internet is already "there".

Raul Suarez

Technology consultant
Software, Hardware and Practices
http://rarsa.blogspot.com/