[kwlug-disc] Canadian judge rules no privacy for online tasks

Chris Irwin chris at chrisirwin.ca
Thu Feb 19 00:06:17 EST 2009

On Wed, 2009-02-18 at 20:20 -0500, Chris Frey wrote:
> "a law enforcement agency whenever we have reasonable grounds to believe
> that you have knowingly supplied us with false or misleading information
> or are otherwise involved in unlawful activities..."

This is not reassuring at all. It says that they will turn over
information if they (rogers) feel they have reasonable grounds to
believe you are involved in unlawful activities. If a law enforcement
agency contacted rogers and flat-out said they want information for an
investigation, rogers will have met their requirement for "reasonable
grounds to believe" as per their TOS.

--
Chris Irwin <chris at chrisirwin.ca>