[kwlug-disc] Canadian judge rules no privacy for online tasks

Raul Suarez rarsa at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 18 18:32:36 EST 2009

--- On Wed, 2/18/09, Kyle Spaans <3lucid at gmail.com> wrote:
> The lack of privacy doesn't bother me.

That's a given on the internet, whoever think otherwise is delutional.

> But ISPs letting people see my records without a warrant?
> That makes me uncomfortable.

And rightfully so.

Imagine this scenario:

- Jealous policeman
- Wife with a friend
- Policeman gets the records
- Guess the end of the story...

Second scenario:

- Rouge policeman
- Indiscreet politician/personality/business person
- Policeman gets the records
- How far fetched would you think blackmail can be?

Common sense, the Judge just had to have common sense and read the news about rouge police.

Raul Suarez

Technology consultant
Software, Hardware and Practices
http://rarsa.blogspot.com/