[kwlug-disc] kwlug on twitter?

Insurance Squared Inc. gcooke at insurancesquared.com
Tue Dec 22 21:03:07 EST 2009

One is not sufficient.  I've got a squatter sitting on the .ca of my
company name.  His response when I asked about negotiating a sale was
profane.  If you want to protect a name, you've got to get everything.
People can and will end up at variations of your  domain name - there
are people using automated and cloaked methods to see what domains
you're registering for no other reason than to grab that domain name
variation.  And the only recourse to get that traffic back is
legal/expensive.

But in this case, I question the need to protect kwlug's name.  Nobody
wants it, there's no external traffic anyway and even if there is, no
way to monetize it.  Nobody's likely to grab the lug name because
there's no profit it in - and even if they did there'd be no real loss
for the lug - that's not the case with most domain names owned corporately.