[kwlug-disc] kwlug on twitter?

Wed Dec 23 13:31:34 EST 2009

On December 22, 2009 09:03:07 pm Insurance Squared Inc. wrote:
> One is not sufficient.  I've got a squatter sitting on the .ca of my
> company name.  His response when I asked about negotiating a sale was
> profane.  If you want to protect a name, you've got to get everything.

I very strongly DISagree with you on this.  If you've got a brand, the
squatters can have all the other ones they want. It's this huge land grab that
is making the web a steaming pile in the first place.

> People can and will end up at variations of your  domain name - there
> are people using automated and cloaked methods to see what domains
> you're registering for no other reason than to grab that domain name
> variation.  And the only recourse to get that traffic back is
> legal/expensive.

Sadly this is the case today. I still think that paying $100/yr for a dozen
domains is a ridiculous countermeasure.

-A.