[kwlug-disc] Laptop Screen

Joe Wennechuk youcanreachmehere at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 11 14:04:13 EST 2009

Yes unfortunately It is the LCD itself. The right half of the screen is completely viewable then for about an inch more it is visible but shifted to red, then there are two black bands separated by a green line about 1-2px wide covering the remaining portion of the screen.

I was wondering though if you might know this.

I have access to a screen at E-Waste recycling, it is the same size but will require some monkey business as; it is for a different machine alltogether. Is this even feasable, Is this wise to approach, or are the technical feats required too daunting? Is it just a VGA (25 pin? or whatever)  with a proprietary connector?

Joseph Wennechuk