[kwlug-disc] Laptop Screen

unsolicited unsolicited at swiz.ca
Thu Dec 10 14:50:04 EST 2009

Perhaps a stupid question, but are you sure? And all I mean is, I
thought the same of an old laptop I have, until I happened to turn the
lights off in the room. Then I saw that the screen was fine - it was
the backlight bulb that was done. And confirmed the rest of the laptop
was OK by hooking up the external monitor. [Still haven't replaced the
bulb, but was able to go to the IBM website and get the service
manual. To know what to do.]